deb-postinst — package post-installation maintainer script
A package can perform several post-installation actions via maintainer scripts, by including an executable postinst file in its control archive (i.e. DEBIAN/postinst during package creation).
The script can be called in the following ways:
- postinst configure old-version
After the package was installed.
- postinst triggered trigger-name...
After the package was triggered.
- old-postinst abort-upgrade new-version
If prerm fails during upgrade or fails on failed upgrade.
- old-postinst abort-remove
If prerm fails during removal.
- postinst abort-deconfigure in-favour new-package new-version
- [ removing old-package old-version ]
If prerm fails during deconfiguration of a package.
- postinst abort-remove in-favour new-package new-version
If prerm fails during replacement due to conflict.
2019-06-03 1.19.7 dpkg suite