deb-postrm — package post-removal maintainer script
A package can perform several post-removal actions via maintainer scripts, by including an executable postrm file in its control archive (i.e. DEBIAN/postrm during package creation).
The script can be called in the following ways:
- postrm remove
After the package was removed.
- postrm purge
After the package was purged.
- old-postrm upgrade new-version
After the package was upgraded.
- new-postrm failed-upgrade old-version new-version
If the above upgrade call fails.
- postrm disappear overwriter-package overwriter-version
After all of the packages files have been replaced.
- new-postrm abort-install
If preinst fails during install.
- new-postrm abort-install old-version new-version
If preinst fails during upgrade of removed package.
- new-postrm abort-upgrade old-version new-version
If preinst fails during upgrade.