deal — bridge hand generator
Synopsisdeal [ -ltv ] [ -e expr ] [ -i condition file ] [ -I format ] [ -s seed ] [ -[NSEW] hand-spec ] [ count ]
Descriptiondeal is a program to generate bridge hands.
- Write deals in a "single-line" format.
- Print distribution table and exit. The distribution table is an ordered list of all possible hand patterns for a single hand.
- Be verbose, print sample count.
- -e expr
- Evaluate the Tcl expression expr.
- -i condition file
- File that defines the hand type to generate or the output format. (Can be given multiple times.)
- -I format
- Read hands from stdin. Formats available are: ddline, giblib, line, pbn, smartstack. You might deal, say, 10,000 hands which satisfy specific criteria, saving them to a file. Then you can use that output for input with deal -I to find out which hands satisfy other constraints.
- -s seed
- Initialize random generator with seed.
- -[NSEW] hand-spec
- Specifies the cards held by the specified hand. The hand-spec should be of the form: "AK8532 - KQ72 A65". Voids must be represented with a '-' character. hand-spec should be one argument, so the string should be quoted on the command line.
- Number of hands to generate, default is 10.