emp_hub — Empire multiplexer
Synopsisemp_hub [-persistent] [-debug] [-help] [-mirror] host port localport
Descriptionemp_hub allows multiple clients to simultaneously connect to a single Empire country. This allows you to use both a fast and a smart client simultaneously. It also permits multiple corulers to log in at once.
- Hostname of the upstream server.
- TCP/IP port number the empire server is running on.
- TCP/IP port number the emp_hub should listen to for incoming client connections.
- Copy commands and replies to all clients using new protocols. Currently only the lafe client is aware of these protocols, though most clients will ignore them.
- Normally emp_hub exits after the last client disconnects. With this option emp_hub does not exit, and will wait for new clients to connect. emp_hub must be killed by the user using the kill command.
- Brief usage information.
Print lots of messages, including everything sent and received by a client.
Useful when debugging either
, a client, or the server.
BugsDue to the nature of the empire protocol, only one client may have input focus at one time. If a client pauses at a context sensitive prompt from the server, all other clients will be unable to send data.