fliptext — draws pages of text whose lines transparently flip around
Synopsisfliptext [-display host:display.screen] [-window] [-root] [-visual visual] [-delay microseconds] [-program command] [-size integer ] [-columns integer] [-left | -center | -right] [-lines integer] [-speed float] [-delay usecs] [-font xlfd] [-wireframe] [-fps]
DescriptionThe fliptext program runs another program to generate a stream of text, then animates the lines of that text transparently flipping in and out in 3D.
Optionsfliptext accepts the following options:
- Draw on a newly-created window. This is the default.
- Draw on the root window.
- Install a private colormap for the window.
- -visual visual
- Specify which visual to use. Legal values are the name of a visual class, or the id number (decimal or hex) of a specific visual.
- -program sh-command
This program will be run periodically, and its output will be the text
that is displayed. Default xscreensaver-text.
You can configure the text printed through the "Advanced" tab of xscreensaver-demo(1), or by editing your ~/.xscreensaver file.
- -size integer
- How large a font to use, in points. (Well, in some arbitrary unit we're calling "points" for the sake of argument.) Default: 20.
- -columns integer
- At (approximately) what column to wrap lines. Default 80. Wrapping is done by pixels, not characters, and lines will always wrap at the edge of the screen regardless.
- -left | -center | -right
- Whether to align the text flush left, centered, or flush right. The default is to choose randomly each time a new screen of text is displayed.
- -lines integer
- How many lines of text should be shown at once. Default 8.
- -speed ratio
- Change the animation speed; 0.5 to go half as fast, 2.0 to go twice as fast.
- -delay usecs
- The delay between frames of the animation; default is 10000 (1/10th second.)
- -font font-name
The name of the font to use. For best effect, this should be a large
font (at least 36 points.) The bigger the font, the better looking the
characters will be. Note that the size of this font affects only the
clarity of the characters, not their size on the screen: for that, use
the -size or -columns options.
- Display the current frame rate, CPU load, and polygon count.
- to get the default host and display number.
- to get the name of a resource file that overrides the global resources stored in the RESOURCE_MANAGER property.