freecol — A free clone of Colonization
DescriptionThis manual page documents briefly the freecol command. This manual page was written for the Debian distribution because the original program does not have a manual page.
freecol is a free clone of the famous game Colonization. It's a turn based strategy game in which each player becomes leader of an European nation, fighting to obtain the independence of the mother country.
A multiplayer mode has been added to the original game.
OptionsA summary of options is included below.
- --freecol-data DIR
- DIR should be the directory with FreeCol's data files, it has a subdirectory called images.
- Runs FreeCol in windowed mode instead of full screen mode.
- Runs FreeCol without sound.
- Shows summary of options.
- Shows version of program.
- --server PORT
- Starts a stand-alone server on the specified port.
LicenseFreeCol is available under GPL license terms.
This program is a shell script wrapper based on java-wrappers(7). You therefore benefit from several features; please see the java-wrappers(7) manual page.