geodesic — animates a mesh geodesic sphere.
Synopsisgeodesic [-display host:display.screen] [-visual visual] [-window] [-root] [-mode mode] [-no-wander] [-no-spin] [-fps] [-delay number] [-speed number] [-count number]
DescriptionAnimates a mesh geodesic sphere of increasing and decreasing complexity. A geodesic sphere is an icosohedron whose equilateral faces are sub-divided into non-equilateral triangles to more closely approximate a sphere.
The animation shows the equilateral triangles subdivided into four coplanar equilateral triangles; and then inflated outward, causing the sub-triangles to no longer be equilateral, but to more closely approximate the surface of a sphere.
- -visual visual
- Specify which visual to use. Legal values are the name of a visual class, or the id number (decimal or hex) of a specific visual.
- Draw on a newly-created window. This is the default.
- Draw on the root window.
- -mode mesh | solid | stellated | stellated2 | wire
- Face/edge display style. Default mesh.
- -wander | -no-wander
- Whether the object should wander around the screen.
- -spin | -no-spin
- Whether the object should spin.
- -fps | -no-fps
- Whether to show a frames-per-second display at the bottom of the screen.
- -delay number
- Per-frame delay, in microseconds. Default: 30000 (0.03 seconds).
- -speed number
- Animation speed. 2.0 means twice as fast, 0.5 means half as fast.
- -count number
- Depth (frequency) of the geodesic sphere. Default: 4.
- to get the default host and display number.
- to get the name of a resource file that overrides the global resources stored in the RESOURCE_MANAGER property.