interaggregate — Visualize the momentary and aggregate intersections
Synopsisinteraggregate [-display host:display.screen] [-foreground color] [-background color] [-num-circles disc count] [-growth-delay delayms] [-max-cycles maxr] [-percent-orbits percent] [-base-orbits percent] [-base-on-center] [-draw-centers] [-fps]
DescriptionThe Intersection Aggregate is a fun visualization defining the relationships between objects with Casey Reas, William Ngan, and Robert Hodgin. Commissioned for display at the Whitney Museum of American Art.
A surface filled with 100 medium to small sized circles. Each circle has a different size and direction, but moves at the same slow rate. Display:
A. The instantaneous intersections of the circles.
B. The aggregate intersections of the circles.
Ported to XScreensaver from the art project "InterAggregate" at http://www.complexification.net by J.Tarbell
Optionsinteraggregate accepts the following options:
- -num-circles disc count (Default: 100)
- Number of slowly moving and growing discs to use. The more discs, the more CPU power.
- -growth-delay delayms (Default: 18000)
- Delay in ms between drawing cycles. More delay, slower (but smoother and less CPU intensive.) art.
- Display the current frame rate and CPU load.
- to get the default host and display number.
- to get the name of a resource file that overrides the global resources stored in the RESOURCE_MANAGER property.
- Setting the background to anything besides black confuses the intensity
- algorithm and will look terrible.
CopyrightCopyright © 2003 by J. Tarbell (email@example.com, http://www.complexification.net).
Ported to XScreensaver 2005 by David Agraz.