jzip — execute Infocom v1-5 and Inform v1-5 & v8 game files
Synopsisjzip [ options ] z-file-name
Descriptionjzip invokes the Z-code Interpreter.
Requirementsjzip will run under most (if not all) flavors of Unix, including AIX, Solaris, SunOS, HP/UX, Linux, Free/NetBSD, IRIX, NeXT Mach, DEC OSF/1, and others.
JZip now supports arrowkey editing in UNIX.
- selects the previous / next command in history
- moves the cursor over the line.
- inserts under the cursor
- -l n
- lines in display
- -c n
- columns in display
- -r n
- text right margin (default = 1)
- -t n
- text top margin (default = 0)
- display version information
- monochrome mode
- set Tandy bit
- -s n
- zmachine strict level, from 0 (none), 1 (report once, recommended) to 3.
Environmentjzip looks for the environment variable INFOCOM_PATH and will use the path found there to look for the story file specified on the command line if the story file cannot be found in the current directory.
Creditsjzip is written and maintained by John Holder (firstname.lastname@example.org), based on the ZIP v2.0 sources by Mark Howell and Olaf 'Olsen' Barthel.
AvailabilityThe most recent version of jzip can be downloaded from one of:
- The Z-Code Interpreter Program
- Recommended location for Zcode files