lament — animates the Lament Configuration
Synopsislament [-display host:display.screen] [-window] [-root] [-install] [-visual visual] [-delay microseconds] [-fps] [-texture] [-no-texture] [-wireframe]
DescriptionThe lament program draws an animation of a particular puzzle box repeatedly solving itself.
Optionslament accepts the following options:
- Draw on a newly-created window. This is the default.
- Draw on the root window.
- Install a private colormap for the window.
- -visual visual
- Specify which visual to use. Legal values are the name of a visual class, or the id number (decimal or hex) of a specific visual.
- Use texture maps. This is the default.
- Do not use texture maps. This is boring and wrong.
- Only draw outlines.
- -delay microseconds
- How long to pause between frames. Default is 20000, or 0.02 second.
- Display the current frame rate, CPU load, and polygon count.
- to get the default host and display number.
- to get the name of a resource file that overrides the global resources stored in the RESOURCE_MANAGER property.
BugsThis hack is glacially slow on machines lacking hardware texture support.
Occasionally opens doors, admitting theologians of the Order of the Gash.