moon-buggy — drive some car across the moon
Synopsismoon-buggy [-hnsV] [--help] [--no-title] [--show-scores] [--version]
DescriptionMoon-buggy is a simple character graphics game, where you drive some kind of car across the moon's surface. Unfortunately there are dangerous craters there. Fortunately your car can jump over them!
OptionsThe program understands the following command line options.
- -h, --help
- shows a short usage message.
- -m, --mesg
- disable write access to your terminal by other users, so your boss can't disturb your game play with the help of "write" or "finger".
- -n, --no-title
- skips the title screen.
- -s, --show-scores
- shows the current highscore list and exits.
- -V, --version
- prints the program's version to standard output and exits.
KeysThe moon-buggy is controlled by a couple of keys, which are described near the bottom of the screen. Most important are the following keys.
- SPC, j
- makes your car jump. The length of a jump is fixed and you can only start a new jump, while the wheels have contact to the ground.
- a, l
- fires the mining laser. The laser is used to remove stones, which may block your way.
- quits the game prematurely. But you still keep your score and may enter the highscore list.
FilesThe following files on your system are related to moon-buggy.
- the moon-buggy executable.
- the global score file
- the local score file. This is used, if moon-buggy has no write access to the global score file.
CopyingCopyright © 2004 Jochen Voss
Moon-buggy is free software. Read the file COPYING of the source code distribution for details or press 'c' at moon-buggy's title screen.