netpanzer — an online multiplayer tactical warfare game
This program is a free (GPL) isometric view real-time tactical game designed for play across the Internet and over LAN systems. One on one games are possible via direct connect or modem.
netPanzer is designed for FAST ACTION combat -- it is not another resource management clone. In fact, there aren't any resources at all. Each player will have many units of different types at their disposal. Players can fight until their units are destroyed -- then respawn and keep on going.
The game is real-time, but it's based on quick tactical action and unit
management. Battles progress quickly and constantly; in fact, they never
let up. There is no stop in the action because there is no waiting for
resources to be collected and converted into weaponry. Players can join
or leave multiplayer games at any time.
The following options are supported.
- -h, --help
- Shows usage instructions.
- Shows version information.
- -c, --connect=VALUE
- Connects directly to the specified server.
- -d, --dedicated
- Runs as dedicated server.
- -b, --bot=VALUE
- Connects as bot to specific server.
- -p, --port=VALUE
- Runs server on specified port. (the server uses TCP and UDP connections)
- -g, --debug
- Enables debug output.
- Uses the specified master server. You can use 'none' if you don't want to use master server.
- Uses the specified file as config file. Only files from the netpanzer's config directory can be used.
- Shows version of network protocol.
Creates a pidfile at the specified location.