pioneers — network implementation of Settlers of Catan
Synopsispioneers [ --server server ] [ --port port ] [ --name name ]
DescriptionThis manual page documents briefly the pioneers command.
Pioneers is an implementation of the popular, award-winning "Settlers of Catan" board game for the GNOME desktop environment. It uses a client/server model for networked play of between two and eight players. You will need to connect to a machine running either pioneers-server-gtk or pioneers-server-console to play. An AI client, pioneersai, is also available.
OptionsPioneers accepts the standard GTK+/GNOME commandline options, and the following options:
- -s, --server server
- Hostname of the server
- -p, --port port
- Portname of the server
- -n, --name name
- Use this name for the player instead of the name in the settings file
- -v, --spectator
- Connect as spectator instead of as a player
- -m, --metaserver metaserver
- Connect to this metaserver instead of the metaserver in the settings file
- Turn on debugging mode
Show the version and quit
When the server and port are both provided, the client automatically quits when the connection is broken.
EnvironmentThe default settings can be influenced with the following environment variable:
The hostname of the metaserver.
If it is not set, the default metaserver will be used.
- Themes for display of the map. Each theme goes in a separate subdirectory.
- Main icon
- Saved settings
- Personal themes