serverping — check the status of an XEvil server
Synopsisserverping [-count num_tries] [-timeout timeout_ms] server_name[:port]
Descriptionserverping is a simple utility to give you information on an XEvil server, such as the game style, who is playing, and how well they are doing.
- -count num_tries
- specify the number of pings to send before giving up, default=3
- -timeout timeout_ms
- specify the time in milliseconds to wait for a response before giving up, default=1000
- specify the server name or IP address, optionally with port, default port is 6066
- serverping whitehouse.gov
- This will give you the game status of the XEvil game running on the server at whitehouse.gov, at default port 6066. It will try 3 times, and wait 1 sec per try. At the time of this writing, whitehouse.gov is not running an XEvil server.
- serverping -timeout 5000 218.104.22.168:9999
- This will give you the game status of the XEvil game running on the server at 222.214.171.124, at port 9999. It will try 3 times, and wait 5 sec per try. 2126.96.36.199 is not a valid IP address.