spotlight — move spotlight around desktop
Synopsisspotlight [-display host:display.screen] [-foreground color] [-background color] [-window] [-root] [-mono] [-install] [-visual visual] [-delay usecs] [-duration secs] [-radius pixels] [-fps]
DescriptionThe spotlight program takes an image and exposes small sections of it as if through a wandering spotlight beam.
The image that it manipulates will be grabbed from the portion of the screen underlying the window, or from the system's video input, or from a random file on disk, as indicated by the grabDesktopImages, grabVideoFrames, and chooseRandomImages options in the ~/.xscreensaver file; see xscreensaver-demo(1) for more details.
Optionsspotlight accepts the following options:
- Draw on a newly-created window. This is the default.
- Draw on the root window.
- If on a color display, pretend we're on a monochrome display.
- Install a private colormap for the window.
- -visual visual
- Specify which visual to use. Legal values are the name of a visual class, or the id number (decimal or hex) of a specific visual.
- -delay microseconds
- Slow it down.
- -duration seconds
- How long to run before loading a new image. Default 120 seconds.
- -radius pixels
- Radius of the spotlight in pixels.
- Display the current frame rate and CPU load.
- to get the default host and display number.
- to get the name of a resource file that overrides the global resources stored in the RESOURCE_MANAGER property.
CopyrightCopyright © 1999 by Rick Schultz. Permission to use, copy, modify, distribute, and sell this software and its documentation for any purpose is hereby granted without fee, provided that the above copyright notice appear in all copies and that both that copyright notice and this permission notice appear in supporting documentation. No representations are made about the suitability of this software for any purpose. It is provided "as is" without express or implied warranty.
CreditsHacked together by Rick Schultz <email@example.com>, based on StefView for BackSpace by Darcy Brockbank and on several other xscreensaver hacks.