squiral — square spirals screensaver
Synopsissquiral [-display host:display.screen] [-foreground color] [-background color] [-window] [-root] [-mono] [-install] [-noinstall] [-visual visual] [-fill percent] [-count number] [-delay usec] [-disorder fraction] [-handedness fraction] [-cycle] [-fps]
DescriptionThe squiral program displays interacting, spiral-producing automata
Optionssquiral accepts the following options:
- Draw on a newly-created window. This is the default.
- Draw on the root window.
- If on a color display, pretend we're on a monochrome display.
- Install a private colormap for the window.
- -visual visual
- Specify which visual to use. Legal values are the name of a visual class, or the id number (decimal or hex) of a specific visual.
- -fill percent
- Specify the percent (0-100) of the screen which must be filled before the screen is cleared. 60-80 percent are good values.
- -count number
- The number of squiralies. By default, the screen width divided by 32.
- -delay usec
- The wait between steps. The default is 1000.
- -disorder fraction
- The fraction of the time a squiraly will choose a new direction. The default is 0.005.
- -handedness fraction
- The fraction of the time a squiraly will choose to enter lefthanded mode. 0.0 means exclusively right-handed behavior, 0.5 (the default) is a balance between the two, and 1.0 is exclusively left-handed behaviour.
- Display the current frame rate and CPU load.
- to get the default host and display number.
- to get the name of a resource file that overrides the global resources stored in the RESOURCE_MANAGER property.