torus-trooper — speeding ship sailing through barrage
DescriptionSpeed! More speed!
Torus Trooper is a fast-paced abstract scrolling shooter game. It features 3D graphics and a style similar to that of games such as Tempest.
OptionsThese options are available:
- -brightness n
- Set the brightness of the screen.(n = 0 - 100, default = 100)
- -luminosity n
- Set the luminous intensity.(n = 0 - 100, default = 0)
- -res x y
- Set the screen resolution to (x, y).
- Stop the sound.
- Launch the game in a window.
- Launch the game in fullscreen mode.
- Reverse a shot key and a charge shot key.
UsageHow to operate:
Arrow / Num / [WASD] / Joystick
Hold an up key to increase speed.
[Z][L-Ctrl][.] / Trigger 1, 4, 5, 8
Hold a shot key to open automatic fire.
- Charge shot
[X][L-Alt][L-Shift][/] / Trigger 2, 3, 6, 7
Hold a charge shot key to charge energy.
- A charge shot is released when you release a key.
- A charge shot penetrates enemies and wipes out bullets.
- A score multiplier is increased according to a number of destroying enemies and bullets.
- A charge shot acts as a regenerative break.
How to play:
At the title screen, select a grade(Normal, Hard, Extreme) and a starting level. Press a shot button to start a game. Press an escape key to quit a game.
Drive a ship forward and destroy enemies. When time runs out, game is over.
Remaining time is displayed at the left up corner.
Remaining time varies according to events:
- Ship was destroyed(-15 sec.)
You ship is destroyed when it is hit by a bullet.
- Bonus time(+15 sec.)
You can earn bonus time when you reach a certain score. The point you have to get is displayed at the right up corner.
- Destroy the boss(+30 or 45 sec.)
The boss enemies appear when you destroy or overtake a certain number(displayed at the left down corner) of enemies, and you can earn bonus time by destroying them.
- Replay mode
At the title screen, press a charge shot key to see a replay of your last game. Press a left/right key to change a view and an up/down key to change displayed/undisplayed of a status display.