warzone2100 — 3D real time strategy game
This manual page documents briefly the warzone2100 command.
Warzone 2100 is a 3D science fiction real time strategy game.
Note: In contrast to older versions option parameters need a =, space doesn't work anymore.
- Run in cheat mode.
- Set default datadir to DIR.
- Show debug for FLAG, use this several times for several flags. Useful flags include wz, 3d, sound, video. all gives all of that and much more.
- Log debug output in FILE.
- Play in fullscreen mode.
- Show help and exit.
- Enable global mod MOD.
- Enable campaign only mod MOD.
- Enable multiplay only mod MOD.
- Load a saved game NAME (needs to include the .gam extension).
- Play in windowed mode.
- Output version info and exit.
- Run at WIDTH times HEIGHT screen resolution. This needs to be a resolution supported by your X server.
- Toggle the shadows.
- Toggle the sound.
- Toggle texture compression (default on). At least on systems where Mesa's libtxc-dxtn handles texture compression, loading is slower with it enabled. In-game FPS are also higher though.
The fullscreen/window, resolution, sound, and shadows settings are stored, so they only need to be specified once, or when you want to change them.
warzone2100 --fullscreen --resolution=800x600
- Run in full screen at 800x600 screen resolution.
warzone2100 --window --resolution=800x600
- Run in a window at 800x600 screen resolution.
- Run the game, with the last used resolution, fullscreen/window, sound and shadow settings.