xphoon — displays the PHase of the mOON on the root window
Synopsisxphoon [-b] [-t interval [-i]] [-s] [-display name]
Xphoon sets the X root window to a picture of the moon in its current phase, including the partial lighting of the dark side by reflected earthlight.
- Defeats the earthlight feature, forcing the dark side to be black.
- Have xphoon keep running and update the picture every interval minutes. (Normally, xphoon just sets the root picture and exits.)
- Forks a background process and prints the process-id to stdout. Useful if you want to make menu commands to refresh or kill xphoon.
- Rotate the whole picture 180 degrees, resulting in a moon picture as viewed fom the Southern hemisphere.
- Demonstrate xphoon by rapidly stepping through moon phases.