xshisen — Shisen-sho puzzle game for X11
Synopsisxshisen [ options ]
Descriptionxshisen is a puzzle game for X11. Similar to the famous "Shang-hai", your objective is to remove all the pieces on the board. xshisen requires a pointing device like mouse. It cannot be controlled with only keyboard.
RulesThe game will be over when you remove all the pieces on the board. The pieces can be removed only when both of the following conditions are true.
- The 2 pieces have the same picture
The 2 pieces can be connected with up to 3 lines which do not go
over other pieces.
- It may seem difficult rule, but is easier than describing in
words. "Auto-demo" mode must be very useful for you to understand
ScoreThe best scores will be recorded at xshisen-scores file under the directory specified by XSHISENLIB environment variable. X resources "libDirectory" will be valid if the environment variable is not set. Note that the score will not be recorded if you use even one of "Back", "Search", or "Restart".
OptionsThe following command line options are available.
- standard Xt options
- xshisen accepts standard toolkit options like -display, or -iconic.
- Auto-demo mode. You cannot play game with this mode, but the game will proceed by computer automated algorithm. This mode is quite useful for you to understand rules.
- Just displays the best score dialog and exits.
- -mag number
- Magnify main window by number times. The standard window will be 640x400. Number may be a decimal, but the range is limited from 0.5 to the display size.
- -fn fontlist
- Use fontlist for menubar and times.
- Play double sized game. Game size can be changed with menubar after you started xshisen. Each game size has independent best time records.
- Play quadruple sized game. Game size can be changed with menubar after you started xshisen. Each game size has independent best time records.
- Play as "Click Trial" mode. You can measure your mouse operation speed with this feature.
Enable gravity effect. All the pieces above the removed pieces
will fall down.
ResourceThe following resources are available.
- If this value is True, the initial window size will be automatically calculated with the pixmap data size. When this value is False, the initial window size is determined by the width and height resources. The pixmap data will be resized in this case. Default value is True.
- Width of the initial window. This resource is ignored when fitPixmap resource is set to True. Default value is 640.
- Height of the initial window. This resource is ignored when fitPixmap resource is set to True. Default value is 400.
- This resource specifies the score file name. This file name must not contain the directory name. Default value is "xshisen-scores".
- The delay time in mili-seconds between when you clicked the pair and the pair is actually removed from screen. This value should be big enough for beginners, but experts may want this value smaller in order to play quickly. Default value is 1000 mili-seconds.
- This specifies the connection line color which appears when pieces are being removed. Default value is "blue".
- This specifies the connection line width in pixel. Default value is 6.
- Background color. Default value is #004000.
- The directory where the pixmap data and the best score file is located. This resource is ignored when you specify the XSHISENLIB environment variable.
Button binding setting for your mouse. Default is
<Btn1Down>: #replace PickupPiece() \n <Btn3Down>: CancelPiece()
Mouse controlThe following mouse control is available. You can change mouse button bindings with XShisen*drawing.translations resource.
- Button 1
- Specifies the piece to remove. You can cancel the selection when you click the selected piece again.
- Button 3
Cancels the selected piece. You can use button 3 after "Search",
which cancels the search result.
CopyrightXShisen Copyright 1995,1996,1999,2002 by Masaoki Kobayashi <firstname.lastname@example.org>. Picture#1 Copyright by Takayuki Akiyama <email@example.com>. Picture#2 Copyright by Mario Weilguni <firstname.lastname@example.org>. See LICENSE file for detail.